Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Weekend

We got a few inches of snow during the day on Christmas Eve, so we went outside to play. Carson had fun walking through the snow, and kicking the snow banks, then would point out that he made a tunnel... He's a little tunnel obsessed since his birthday. :)

I pulled him on the sled, and he asked to go fast...he was laughing so hard! The rest of our Christmas plans changed as we got pounded by a blizzard. It started snowing quite a bit in the evening, and didn't stop for 2 days. We got a little over 2 feet of snow! Apparently, the 5th largest snowstorm in the area on record. We were not able to leave the house, and unfortunately the rest of the family wasn't able to come visit us either. So, this year Christmas turned into a "weekend", which overall turned out to be great when they eventually made it toward the end of the weekend...more celebrating.
He got a Mr. Potato head from Santa, and he's had lots of fun with it. Every toddler needs one, right?

Playdoh has been a HUGE hit! After this weekend, I'll have to take back my comment about not asking him to help me make sugar cookies again for many years to come. He has become a pro at rolling it out and cutting out shapes.

Between opening his own presents, he was the official present deliverer. This one was especially comical...it took so much effort!

I asked him to look at me so I could take a picture, and he looked at me like, "Are you kidding? I have a new tractor, don't interrupt me!"

I was so excited to be able to take a couple pictures of Carson and his baby cousin Brigid together. He had no interest in being anywhere near her the last time we were together.
He even gave her a kiss on the cheek...he's such a sweetie!

4 comments:

Doonan Family said...

Katie, thanks for sharing pictures of Carson. It has been fun watching him grow. He is such an adorable little boy and you are such a good Mother!!

Sheilda

Beth said...

Carson and Brigid are the cutest kids ever. :)

Alyssa said...

Looks like an awesome Christmas Katie!
What adorable little cousins!

Beth said...

This outfit is starting to get really tight on her!!!