I made my first batch of Christmas cookies today, and it made this quickly approaching holiday seem more real. I had the help of Carson, and I'm not going to lie and say it was a pleasant bonding experience...haha! I have never had a batch of cookies stress me out as much as these, and don't see myself making cut-out sugar cookies together again until he is at least 10 years old. He is a great helper when it comes to simple tasks, but he took the initiative to dig a spatula and a cookie cutter into my freshly rolled out dough when I turned my back to take a batch out of the oven...ahhhhhh!

After we mixed up the frosting, I asked him to count the cookies. He started with one, two, two, two, two, two, nine... :)

He was really excited to finally be able to try the first cookie. I gave it to him before the frosting had dried, but he wasn't about to complain.

I'd say he approved! Overall, a successful day...the cookies are made, and my little boy feels great satisfaction in knowing that he helped.
1 comment:
Your blog posts just made my day!
You are such a beautiful women and Carson is such a blessing. Looks like your having fun getting in the holiday spirit! :)
Post a Comment