Monday, March 8, 2010

Train Depot

I took Carson down to The Depot this afternoon, which is a very large indoor train museum, and we looked at all they had on display. He LOVES trains, so he was so excited when we arrived. In the past couple months when we've made our trips to the downtown library, he would see the trains outside the Depot and our conversation would be centered around "big trains"....I couldn't wait to see his reaction when we finally made the tour.

Pure joy! Actually, I think he was a little overwhelmed...he had never seen so many trains in one location before. Everytime he would turn a corner or look another direction, there were more trains to oooh and ahhh over.

He even got to sit in a big train and pretend he was the conductor!


They had a couple electric trains running around a circular track which was probably his favorite display. These trains would run for a while, then would stop periodically, and he would say, "uh oh, remote?" I think he thought they were like his Geo Trax train set, and he wanted to be able to fix them with a remote control. :)

BIG train...little boy!

No comments: